TITLE Postdoctoral Research Associate
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 9135
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Designated faculty member
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Department Head or Director
The Postdoctoral Research Associate is a staff member who is appointed for a limited period of time to pursue advanced training by assisting a faculty member in specific research.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A doctorate is required.
Skills: Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists a faculty member in attaining the goals of specified research by participating in research planning and proposal writing.
2. Carries out research as agreed upon with a faculty member or supervisor.
3. Participates in the preparation of reports and manuscripts for publication as co-author or sole author.
4. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
5. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or seminars as directed by the faculty member or department head.
6. Helps to assure the success of the department by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate is supervised by an assigned faculty member and is administratively supervised by the Department Head or Director and may supervise graduate students.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MARCH 2011