CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 6810
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Taylor Health and Wellness
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Vice President for Student Affairs
The Pharmacist performs highly responsible work involving all aspects of operation of the Taylor Health Center pharmacy. In compliance with federal and state laws and healthcare accreditation requirements, work review is accomplished through observation and periodic evaluation of overall effectiveness.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy required.
Experience: Two years experience as a pharmacist is preferred.
Skills: Basic computer skills are required. Current knowledge of old and new drugs with ability to utilize this information in consulting with physicians and nurses is required. Skills in compounding, dispensing, preparing prescriptions, and maintaining proper filling of prescriptions are required.
Effort: The ability to lift 15-25 pounds and endure extended periods of standing is required.
License: Current license to practice Pharmacy in Missouri is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves patients by filling and dispensing prescriptions from stock for clinic physicians as well as other physicians by following established professional and ethical standards.
2. Maintains adequate, but not excessive, inventory of drugs and related products for patients' medical needs by ordering drugs and related products, preparing appropriate invoices for payment, and checking on competitive pricing to keep cost at a minimum.
3. Prevents institutional liability by maintaining current knowledge of pharmaceuticals and related products, remaining knowledgeable of federal and state laws governing the receiving, storing, and dispensing of drugs, and conducting annual inventories of all resaleables and controlled drugs.
4. Enhances the overall operational efficiency of the Taylor Health Center by training and supervising all Pharmacy staff.
5. Prevents institutional liability by maintaining proper and current licensure for self and the pharmacy.
6. Initiates procurement of required medications and other drugs by following established University policies on procurement bids and by monitoring this process to completion.
7. Contributes to the overall success of the Health Center by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Taylor Health and Wellness.
The Pharmacist is supervised by the Director of Taylor Health and Wellness and supervises all Pharmacy staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED OCTOBER 2002