The Marketing and Communications Council serves as one of the four major councils of the SEM structure, reporting to the SEM Steering Committee and overseeing various subcommittees.
Marketing and Communications Council
Duties and charges
The overall work of the Marketing and Communications Council encapsulates the development of strategic goals and action plans to help raise the profile of the University via both internal and external marketing and communication. Accordingly, this committee is assigned the following charges:
- In coordination with the Steering Committee, develop strategic goals and action plans to help raise the profile of the University via both internal and external marketing and communication.
- Appoint subcommittees, as needed, and develop, review, and approve charges and action plans for these groups.
- Employ actions and modify processes that eliminate barriers that impair student success.
- Implement strategies and tactics regarding internal marketing (e.g., enrollment management website, enrollment management blog, effective delivery of reports, announcements in Inside Missouri State, annual enrollment publication) about enrollment management that encourage campus-wide buy-in and participation.
- Determine opportunities to communicate and market the achievements and stories of MSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Review communications and marketing materials regarding how they support recruitment, retention, and completion initiatives of the University.
- Develop, implement and continually assess communication strategies and actions to deliver coherent, targeted messages that provide prospective and continuing students with timely and relevant information.
- Review and recommend development of the University website(s) to enhance student recruitment, retention, and success.