Second-Year Experience (SYE) Charge
The Center for Academic Success and Transition will partner with the divisions of Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and International Programs to create a Second-Year Experience designed to meet the needs and interests of our second-year and transfer students.
The purpose of the Second-Year Experience at Missouri State University is to:
- Celebrate completion of students’ first year of college,
- Help prepare students for a successful second year and beyond,
- Encourage students to develop a stronger connection with their faculty members, and
- Deepen students’ involvement with the Public Affairs mission.
Second-Year Experience Opportunities
- The SYE in the Career Center is for students to continue to research careers by drafting a resume, conducting informational interviews, exploring future internship opportunities, and attending the Career Expo.
The SYE through the Scholar 2 Scholar program is for students to explore research opportunities with faculty. Funding for work study eligible students to conduct research is available through this program.
The SYE in Multicultural Programs is for students to begin or continue to engage with their own identities in a critical way; to have critical conversations about identity, social justice, diversity, and inclusion; and to reflect on how they can grow into cultural conscious, ethical leaders in their lives and professional fields.
The SYE in Study Away enables students to increase their cultural awareness through study abroad participation, and then leverage global learning to enhance skills desired for employment in today’s workforce.
For more information:
Contact Dr. Tracey Glaessgen, 417-836-8343, email@example.com