Our goal is for every student, faculty and staff member to prevent emergencies and to be prepared should they occur.
Safety and Preparedness Training
To do this, we offer a variety of safety and preparedness courses that are available to the campus community. We offer a range of topics, including:
- Emergency Preparedness for Campus Emergencies: What every student should know (1 hour)
- Run, Hide, Fight: Active Shooter Prevention and Preparedness
- Introductory Course (20 minutes)
- Basic Course (1 hour)
- Basic and Practical Activities (2 hours)
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Simulator-based (1 hour)
- Live Fire (1 hour)
- Engaging BEARS Overview Training
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Defensive
- Self Defense 101: Sexual Assault Prevention and Defensive Tactics (1 hour)
- Self Defense 102: Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (1.5 hours)
- Self Defense 103: Tools of the Trade (30 minutes)
- American Red Cross Hands Only CPR (30 minutes)
- American Red Cross CPR/AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillators) Certification Course (4 hours)
- Red Cross First Aid (2 hours)
- Stop the Bleed: Saving Lives Through Hemorrhage Control (1 hour)
Scheduling and more information
To schedule or for more information on these courses or other safety presentations contact David Hall.
Person item component: jrs578e@MissouriState.edu
Loading Profile. . .