Why earn your Bachelor of Social Work at Missouri State?
Our professional program prepares you to work in the in-demand field of social work. You'll find yourself working with individuals, families, groups, and communities to provide basic needs and enhance human well-being.
- Missouri State gives students the choice between completing the BSW program though seated courses on campus or fully online.
- Through a partnership with textbook publishers, you can purchase required books for program courses at extremely discounted rates.
- With a Bachelor of Social Work degree, you can earn your master’s degree in one additional year through our advanced standing degree option.
- Gain hands-on experience through field experiences, which can take you around the world and help you understand what area of social work you are passionate about.
- The Springfield community supports a variety of social service agencies — from clinical to faith-based to rural — providing you with opportunities to explore the profession before graduating.
Our undergraduate program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, which increases your eligibility for advanced placement in graduate programs and licensure.
Discover social work careers
Learn more about social workers