Readmission Policy

Op5.01-8 Readmission Policy

If you are a student who has attended Missouri State University as an undergraduate degree-seeking student and wish to return to MSU in that same classification and you have been out of classes for over one academic year, you will need to reapply to Missouri State. Grades for any coursework completed at another institution prior to the application semester must be reported on an official transcript received by the Office of Admissions. Students with a 2.00 cumulative total (Missouri State and Transfer) GPA or above may be admitted with one transcript showing in-progress coursework, otherwise students must provide final grades from all courses taken at another institution. Students are required to provide final transcripts from all previously attended regionally accredited institutions prior to registering for their second semester following readmission to the University.

The above procedure is also applicable to those students who may have left Missouri State on probation or suspension. You may review the reinstatement policy in the catalog. 

If you are a student who attended Missouri State University as a nondegree-seeking student and now wish to reapply as a degree-seeking student, you must complete the application for admission. 

Students who were required to suspend their studies at Missouri State University due to military service will be readmitted to the University with the same academic status following the provision of an attestation of military service to the University’s Office of Admissions. To the extent practical, and consistent with the student’s military orders, students needing to suspend their studies at Missouri State University should notify the Dean of Students Office. 

Registration information can be found on the Office of the Registrar website.