Our position has been filled.
Orientation & Transition Programs has filled its graduate assistant position for the 2019-2020 academic year. Thank you for your interest.
Interested in a career in student affairs in higher education? Want to gain experience by applying your academic coursework to real situations involving orientation, transition and retention?
If so, join us in Orientation & Transition Programs. As a graduate student, you will help us achieve our mission of helping new students and their family members successfully transition into the Missouri State University community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The OTP graduate assistant will:
- Assist with the ongoing development, logistical planning, and execution of Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration (SOAR) and the Ursa Experience
- Assist with program assessment, evaluation, and research practices
- Assist Family Programs staff during orientation, as necessary
- Participate in professional development opportunities, particularly those provided by the Dean of Students Office and Division of Student Affairs
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of OTP
View the official position description below for more information. Contact us if you have additional questions.
You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.
Student Affairs in Higher Education Program
OTP graduate assistants must be admitted to Missouri State's Student Affairs in Higher Education Masters program. Hear alumni describe their program experience in the video below.
With opportunities to apply classroom knowledge to work in student affairs departments, this program prepares graduates to enter student affairs administration in higher education at colleges and universities throughout the nation.
We encourage interested applicants attend Graduate Recruitment Weekend for an opportunity to meet and interview with our staff.