Make 'going there' more green
Reshape the travel industry with an eco-friendly approach.
Explore the economic, social and environmental factors that you need to know. Help people get where they want to go – with less of a carbon footprint.
This certificate provides students with broad exposure to foundational courses in the study of sustainable development in both local and global tourism, as it applies to recreation. Aims to enhance students preparation for further graduate and/or tourism study in a variety of recreation and tourism fields.
Program requirements (12 hours)
- REC 302(3), 320(3), 495(3).
- One course from: REC 211(3), 304(3), 406(3); GRY 318(3).
- All candidates must satisfy the General University Certificate Requirements.
- Attain a grade of C or better in all courses used to fulfill the certificate requirements.
- Attain a GPA of 2.50 or higher for all courses used to fulfill the certificate requirements.
Choose your certificate
Helping you succeed
Make a smart investment in your future. Access financial aid and friendly support.
Get ready to meet your next mentor. You’ll be prepared, confident and ready for your career.