TITLE Food Services Attendant-West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 9928
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Food Services Manager
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean of Student Services
The Food Services Attendant is responsible for cooking daily meals in the Putnam Student Center and preparing food items for catering purposes. The Food Services Attendant prepares baked goods as necessary and daily prepares the kitchen for the following business day. The Food Services attendant cleans the kitchen and cafeteria while following established health and safety standards at all times. The Food Services Attendant assists in supervising student employees.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma is preferred.
Experience: Food service experience is required; three years of food service experience is preferred. Formal culinary training can be considered in addition to or as a substitution for experience.
Skills: Requires baking and cooking skills; ability to follow required health and safety standards; ability to maintain a clean working environment and facility; ability to supervise student employees; and the ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position lifts items weighing up to twenty-five pounds unassisted on a daily basis; heavier items can be lifted with the help of other employees and carts are available for transporting heavier items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cook tasty and nutritious meals on a daily basis according to menu plans developed by the Food Services Manager.
2. Prepare baked goods for consumption in the cafeteria and for catering.
3. Prepare the kitchen daily for the following day’s work.
4. Ensure proper storage of food items, cleanliness of the entire facility, and maintenance of food services operation in full compliance with public health codes.
5. Assist the Food Services Manager in supervising student employees.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
The Food Services Attendant reports directly to the Food Services Manager and assists the manager in supervising student employee.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017