TITLE Coordinator of Residence Life - Living-Learning Communities
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 7017
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Director, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services - Living-Learning Communities
The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities shapes, collaborates, and coordinates the day-to-day functions of the living-learning communities’ program. The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities develops and builds partnerships between all living-learning communities within the area of supervision. The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities Initiatives shapes the environment and experiences of residential students by providing services that foster responsible involvement in campus and community life.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Educational Administration, Counseling, or a related field is required. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Experience: At least one year of post-master’s experience is required. Experience working with an academic or living-learning community and collaborating with faculty is preferred. Experience incorporating multi-cultural and multi-perspective experiences for students that are needed to succeed in a global, broadly diverse society is preferred. Experience working in a diverse environment and/or with students from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
Skills: The ability to establish positive working relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and to organize activities and information to meet specific established goals is required. A demonstrated ability to perform in a problem-solving capacity and to work independently is required. The ability to design and implement educational and social experiences for residence life audiences is required. Effective communication skills, including interpersonal communication, presentations, and writing skills) and effective organizational skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Assists in the development and implementation of living-learning communities (LLC).
2. Assists in recruiting, engaging, and establishing strong collaborative relationships with all LLC partners by providing support to them in carrying out the mission of their communities.
3. Conducts two types of LLC meetings monthly: one-on-one check-ins with each Hall Director, and partner meetings for each LLC that include Hall Directors, Assistant Hall Directors, campus/community partner, and Resident Assistants for each LLC.
4. Assists in the development of Graduate Assistants by participating in the selection process and training program, planning developmental and professional growth opportunities, and providing on-going training, supervision, and evaluation.
5. Serves on Student Leader Training Committee.
6. Assists in the oversight of the LLC budget.
7. Assists with implementing comprehensive assessment of the LLC program.
8. Assists with the marketing, promotion, application, and student selection recruitment processes associated with the LLCs.
9. Serves as a point of contact for the LLCs when the Assistant Director, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services – Living-Learning Communities is unavailable.
10. Coordinates flyers, table tents, email, social media communication, and the LLC website used to inform students of the academic support resources available to them.
11. Coordinates and provides support to LLC Welcome Events taking place during Welcome Weekend.
12. Works with LLC partners to develop, implement, and administer active and passive experiences to increase students’ success in the classroom and to support the growing diverse student populations.
13. Assists with recruitment, selection, training, supervision, evaluation, and the development of staff members working with LLCs.
14. Supports student success and provides students with a supportive and dynamic on-campus living-learning environment.
15. Assists with the academic success probation program.
16. Attends and supports departmental and University functions and activities.
17. Encourages responsible behavior among Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services staff and students by establishing and communicating behavioral expectations that encourage and influence the development of responsible behavior, facilitates the development of an environment that stimulates student responsibility and accountability within the residence life community, and encourages the appreciation of diversity.
18. Actively participates in professional organizations and facilitates interaction with other institutions of higher education.
19. Assists with, in conjunction with the Director, Associate Director, other Assistant Directors and Coordinators, appropriate and timely responses to system-wide or building specific needs, emergencies, or other situations requiring central office intervention, including participation in a rotational, on call schedule.
20. Contributes to a work and learning environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of shills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
21. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or development courses required by the Assistant Director, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services – Living-Learning Communities.
22. Supports the overall operation of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services and contributes to the accomplishment of its mission and goals by performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services – Living-Learning Communities.
The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities directly supervises Graduate Assistant(s) and indirectly supervises live-in hall staff working with LLCs in the residence halls. The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities makes recommendations which are given particular weight regarding the hiring, dismissal, advancement, promotion, and other changes of status of those supervised. The Coordinator of Residence Life – Living-Learning Communities is supervised by the Assistant Director, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services – Living Learning Communities.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2023