TITLE Manager, Bull Shoals Field Station
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5976
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Faculty Member serving as Director, Bull Shoals Field Station
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Department Head
The Manager, Bull Shoals Field Station carries out ecological monitoring and research objectives and other projects defined by the Director, Bull Shoals Field Station. The Manager, Bull Shoals Research Station works with the public and educational groups to educate about local ecosystems and maintains facilities and grounds. The Manager, Bull Shoals Research Station performs work requiring technical knowledge within the scientific discipline and uses discretion and independent judgment to analyze, interpret, and make deductions based on varying facts or circumstances.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
Skills: Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are required. The ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with off-campus collaborators. Proficiency with basic spreadsheet, graphics, and word processing software is required. The ability to learn to use web content management software is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Carries out sponsored ecological monitoring and research projects, adhering to objectives and protocols determined by the Director, Bull Shoals Field Station and funding agencies.
2. Uses knowledge gained by formal education in the scientific discipline to analyze, interpret, and make deductions based on varying facts and circumstances regarding complex scientific work.
3. Maintains detailed records of results and prepares written reports acceptable to the Director, Bull Shoals Field Station and funding agencies.
4. Educates the public and educational groups about monitoring and local ecosystems.
5. Maintains facilities and monitoring equipment (including a boat and 4-wheeler) and grounds.
6. Assists in writing newsletters and annual reports.
7. Downloads and publishes scientific data to the Bull Shoals Field Station website.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director, Bull Shoals Field Station.
10. Supports the overall success of the Bull Shoals Field Station by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Manager, Bull Shoals Field Station is supervised by the Director, Bull Shoals Field Station.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES