TITLE Senior Admission Evaluator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5812
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Varies
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Assistant Vice President and Director of Admissions
The Senior Admissions Evaluator evaluates and processes applications for admission, determines admissibility and course equivalencies, posts action and credit hours awarded, determines class standing, and enters codes used to create correspondence informing applicants of their status. The Senior Admissions Evaluator evaluates transfer credit according to established policies and procedures, updates academic records in reference to transfer credit re-evaluation and pre-approval of credit following policies and procedures, and updates records in relation to education abroad transfer credit. The Senior Admission Evaluator maintains and updates college catalogs on the Banner system and maintains and updates transfer articulations with community college partners.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: A high school diploma and one year of experience as an Admission Evaluator or a Bachelor’s degree and no work experience is required.
Skills: An understanding of computerized management information systems (databases) is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sensitivity to issues related to the retention and recruitment of a diverse student body are required. The ability to work with a minimum of supervision is required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies are required. Effective decision-making skills are required. Keyboarding and data entry skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Considerable data entry work is required. The position requires extended periods of time at a computer station and extensive utilization of information displayed on a computer monitor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists, as directed, in hiring and training new admissions staff, including full-time, part-time, and student staff and provides oversight and guidance when the assigned supervisor is out of the office.
2. Uses professional judgment in determining transfer credit equivalencies for previously unevaluated transfer courses by comparing the title and descriptions of courses completed by students at other colleges and universities with the courses offered at the university and awards credit according to established university policies.
3. Manages individual and permanent changes to student records and institution catalogs based on decisions made by academic departments in the Transfer Re-evaluation/Pre-approval database.
4. Serves as a liaison and resource for other offices that process applications.
5. Maintains course catalog changes and updates for feeder colleges and institutions in computerized management information systems (databases) to ensure proper transfer evaluation for students.
6. Ensures prompt and accurate processing of applications for admissions by coding applications using an established system, merging application data to the computer data system, matching applications with transcripts received, informing applicants of credentials required to complete application processing, and contributes to the supervision of student employee(s) who assist in the processing of applications.
7. Determines eligibility of applicants for admission to the university by interpreting class rank, test scores, grade point average, and core curriculum information and comparing that information with established university admission policies.
8. Downloads test scores from testing services and loads scores into computerized management information systems (databases).
9. Extracts transcripts from electronic transcript service providers.
10. Supports efforts in resolving issues related to duplicated student records.
11. Creates individual correspondence for each applicant by coding various details of the applicant’s status, allowing students to receive personalized information in their admission decision correspondence.
12. Ensures quality service to applied, prospective, and current students by responding to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs of the university.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Admissions by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Senior Admissions Evaluator is supervised by the assigned supervisor and assists with the supervision of student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017