TITLE Admissions Evaluator-WP
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5811
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of Admissions
The Admissions Evaluator - WP evaluates and processes applications, residency status, and transcripts for admission, determines admissibility and course equivalencies, evaluates transfer credit according to established policies and procedures, posts action and credit hours awarded, determines class standing, and creates correspondence informing applicants of their status. The Admissions Evaluator - WP provides information and responds to inquiries from prospective and current students, their families, high schools, faculty, and staff about a wide variety of issues.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience At least four years of successful clerical experience is required; however, education beyond high school may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement. Work experience in college admissions and records office work is preferred.
Skill: Must be knowledgeable in the use of computerized management information systems (databases). Effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills are required. The ability to work with a minimum of supervision is required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies is required. Effective decision-making skills are required. Keyboarding and data entry skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Considerable data entry work is required. The position requires extended periods of time at a computer station and extensive utilization of information displayed on a computer monitor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Ensures prompt and accurate processing of applications for admission by coding applications using an established system, merging application data to the computer data system, matching applications with transcripts received, informing applicants of credentials required to complete application processing, and supervising student employee(s) who assist in the processing of applications.
2. Determines transfer credit equivalencies by comparing title and descriptions of courses completed by students at other colleges and universities with courses offered at the Missouri State University-West Plains and awarding credit according to established University policies.
3. Creates individual correspondence for each applicant, including various details of the applicant’s status.
4. Ensures quality service to applied, prospective, and current students by responding to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs of the University.
5. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
6. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Admissions by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Admissions Evaluator - WP is supervised by the Director of Admissions and supervises student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MAY 2023