TITLE Admissions Evaluator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5810
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Director of Admissions, Office Operations
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services
The Admissions Evaluator evaluates and processes applications, residency status, and transcripts for admission, determines admissibility and course equivalencies, evaluates transfer credit according to established policies and procedures, posts action and credit hours awarded, determines class standing, and enters codes used to create correspondence informing applicants of their status. The Admission Evaluator provides information and responds to inquiries from prospective and current students, their families, high schools, faculty, and staff about a wide variety of issues.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Experience: Four years successful clerical experience is required, however, education beyond high school may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement. A bachelor’s degree will substitute for the four years of required experience. Clerical experience in college admissions and records office work is preferred.
Skills: Must be knowledgeable in the use of computerized management information systems (databases). Effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills are required. The ability to work with a minimum of supervision is required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies is required. Effective decision-making skills are required. Keyboarding and data entry skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Considerable data entry work is required. The position requires extended periods of time at a computer station and extensive utilization of information displayed on a computer monitor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures prompt and accurate processing of applications for admissions by coding applications using an established system, merging application data to the computer data system, matching applications with transcripts received, informing applicants of credentials required to complete application processing, and contributes to the supervision of student employee(s) who assist in the processing of applications.
2. Determines eligibility of applicants for admission to the University by interpreting class rank, test scores, grade point average, and core curriculum information and comparing that information with established University admission policies.
3. Determines transfer credit equivalencies by comparing title and descriptions of courses completed by students at other colleges and universities with courses offered at the University and awarding credit according to established University policies.
4. Creates individual correspondence for each applicant by coding various details of the applicant’s status.
5. Ensures quality service to applied, prospective, and current students by responding to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs of the University.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Admissions by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Admissions Evaluator is supervised by the Assistant Director of Admissions, Office Operations and assists with the supervision of student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017