TITLE Evaluator, Graduate Admissions
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5805
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Graduate Enrollment Management
The Evaluator, Graduate Admissions evaluates and processes domestic and international applications for graduate programs, communicates with domestic and international prospective graduate students about program-specific and Graduate College requirements, processes domestic and foreign admission decisions, and works with Missouri State University program and administrative offices to facilitate the enrollment and class registration process.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred. At least four years successful clerical experience is required, however, education beyond high school may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement; a bachelor’s degree will substitute for the four years of required experience. At least one year of project management experience and/or experience working with complex processes is required. Experience with admissions processes in institutions of higher education is preferred.
Skills: Must be knowledgeable in the use of computerized management information systems, preferably Banner. Effective interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills and sensitivity to issues related to the retention and recruitment of a diverse student body are required. The ability to prioritize tasks and effective use of time management is required. The ability to work with a minimum supervision is required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies is required. Effective decision-making skills are required. Keyboarding and data entry skills with attention to detail are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Considerable data entry work is required. The position requires extended periods of time at a computer station and extensive utilization of information displayed on a computer monitor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluates and processes domestic and international applications for graduate programs, including residency status, transcripts, and test scores to determine the prospective student’s eligibility for admission.
2. Communicates with prospective domestic and international graduate students about program-specific and Graduate College requirements, materials that need to be submitted for admission, and their status in the admission process.
3. Processes domestic and international admission decisions and assures that new graduate students have the appropriate status within the student information system (Banner) and can register for classes.
4. Works with admitting academic departments and administrative offices to answer questions and facilitate the enrollment and class registration process.
5. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
6. Contributes to the overall success of the Graduate College by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Evaluator, Graduate Admissions is supervised by the Director, Graduate Enrollment Management.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES