TITLE Compliance Coordinator - Athletics
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5674
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director of Athletics, Compliance
The Compliance Coordinator – Athletics assists the Assistant Director of Athletics, Compliance in the day-to-day management of the Office of Athletics Compliance. The Compliance Coordinator – Athletics assists with interpretation of NCAA rules, develops procedures and policies to remain in compliance, plans and implements education and training for staff, monitors eligibility and financial aid, advises and counsels athletes on eligibility, and assists with the overall monitoring of rules compliance in accordance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor's degree is required. A degree in Sports Administration, related business, or higher education field is preferred.
Experience: At least one year of experience with NCAA Division I compliance is required; internships and graduate assistant experience will be considered to meet this requirement. Working knowledge of ARMS or other compliance software, CAi, LSDBi, and Eligibility Center is preferred.
Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required. Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and database management is required. Organizational and management skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Scope: The position requires occasional evening and/or weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in the interpretation of NCAA rules and in developing policies and procedures to remain in compliance with those rules.
2. Assists in planning and implementing education and training of a comprehensive rules education program for coaches, other athletic staff, and athletes to ensure compliance with University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
3. Assists with the monitoring of athletics personnel, student athlete amateurism, recruiting process, student athlete awards, and playing and practice seasons to ensure compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
4. Assists with the processing and monitoring of student athlete eligibility and financial aid, and intervention and counseling for maintaining eligibility status and student athlete financial aid, ensuring University and student athlete compliance with conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Assists with the processing, recording, and monitoring of recruiting forms, playing and practice season records, and phone call logs.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Associate Athletic Director for Academics and Student Services.
8. Contributes to the overall success of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Compliance Coordinator – Athletics is supervised by the Assistant Director of Athletics, Compliance and the Director of Athletics.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES