TITLE Warehouse and Delivery Clerk
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5509
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Shipping & Receiving Manager
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Coordinator of Property Control
The Warehouse and Delivery Clerk performs responsible warehousing duties and delivery services for the Property Control unit which include delivering supplies, materials and equipment to the various departments, safeguarding all items during transit, properly tagging inventorial items and updating the property log, assisting with the receipt of property items, preparing items for shipment, and storing property items in a safe and efficient manner which facilitates access, accountability, and reduces the likelihood for damage. The Warehouse and Delivery Clerk operates various motor vehicles, light delivery vehicles, and a forklift.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
Experience: At least one year successful experience in warehousing, and/or delivery
work is required.
Skills: Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel and learn and use mainframe computer applications. The ability to operate an electronic photocopier and maintain filing systems and records is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Must be able to lift and transport 50-100 pounds on a daily basis. Work is performed both indoors and out-of-doors, occasionally in environments which could have work hazards.
License: Must have a valid Missouri driver's license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs responsible delivery services by correctly identifying supplies, materials, equipment, and priority packages to be delivered to the University’s administrative and academic departments from invoices, departmental order forms, and Procurement Card purchases, safely loading those items on the delivery vehicle, safeguarding all items during transit, delivering the items to the correct department, and obtaining the appropriate signature for receipt of the delivered items.
2. Accurately documents the receipt of all supplies, materials, and equipment delivered to the University.
3. Assists with management and accountability of surplus property items by retrieving surplus property items as directed, recording the transfer of accountability for the items, and returning the surplus property items to the University warehouse.
4. Performs responsible warehousing duties by ensuring that all inventorial property items are tagged prior to delivery, updating the property log with required information about inventorial items, assisting with the receipt of property items, supplies, materials, and equipment, preparing items for shipment, and storing property items in a safe and efficient manner which facilitates access, accountability, and reduces the likelihood for damage.
5. Practices preventive maintenance of delivery vehicles and equipment by performing spot checks of equipment to determine their working condition, oiling moving parts, cleaning and servicing tools and equipment as directed or specified in the operator’s manual, and returning damaged tools and equipment for repair or replacement.
6. Helps maintain a safe working environment, thus reducing the likelihood of personal injury or property damage, by operating various motor vehicles, light delivery vehicles and a forklift in a safe manner.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Contributes to an effective property control operation by performing other essential tasks as assigned.
The Warehouse and Delivery Clerk is supervised by the Shipping and Receiving Manager and may supervise student workers working in Property Control.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017