TITLE Technology Strategist, Library
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5208
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Coordinator of Public Services, Library
The Technology Strategist operates as the Building Coordinator for Meyer Library and provides leadership for the Library Innovation Lab. This position will lead, develop, and assess Meyer Library’s Innovation Lab.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent education and training in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) is preferred.
Experience: At least two years technology management and experience required. Additional experience may substitute for required education. Experience in an academic library or higher education setting is preferred.
Skills: Strong management, communication, time management, planning (short and long term) skills are essential. Technical aptitude with a focus on programs such as AutoCAD and Photoshop, as well as the ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge to innovative technology. Excellent planning and organizational skills with a focused emphasis on customer service and the learner experience. Demonstrated knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position requires the ability to regularly lift and move 50 lbs. in materials, the ability to visually and physically operate small- and large-scale technology hardware and observe the use of technology in the lab environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads and manages the daily operations of the Library Innovation Lab providing expertise, support and access for faculty, staff, students, and community partners.
2. Leads strategic planning and assessment on behalf of the lab, which includes the selection and support of innovative technology e.g.: 3D printing and scanning, laser printing, drones, augmented and virtual reality, as well as the maintenance of technology software and hardware, creation of workshops, and general management of the Lab’s usage and space.
3. Maintains supervision and enforcement of strict safety protocols in the lab. This includes the development and maintenance of instructional materials for both users and employees that establish training and safety standards for equipment and tools.
4. Creates and operates within budgets and established deadlines. Managing supplies and material stock for users.
5. Develops university and community partnerships to further the mission of University Libraries’ and the Innovation Lab through outreach events, activities, workshops, etc.
6. Demonstrates a dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion and the creation of a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, maintaining a current knowledge of desktop publishing, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the supervisor.
8. Contributes to the overall success of the Library by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Technology Strategist, Library is supervised by the Coordinator of Public Services, Public Services and may supervise full-time employees and student workers, as directed.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES