TITLE Coordinator, Assessment Data Systems, College of Education
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5194
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, College of Education
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Coordinator, Assessment Data Systems-College of Education works with students, faculty, staff, and cooperating teachers to facilitate the use of assessment systems in the College of Education. The Coordinator, Assessment Data Systems-College of Education works with program directors and the Dean – COE to create templates, rubrics, surveys, and forms that are aligned with Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) standards and to provide data for annual reports to accrediting bodies, such as DESE, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE).
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: At least one year of data management and systems administration experience is required. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Banner, and data reporting tools, such as Argos or Cognos, is preferred.
Skills: The ability to think logically and creatively is required. Proficiency in understanding and maintaining database queries is required. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information in oral, written, and graphic form to individuals with varying backgrounds, are required. The ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the system is required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) program directors to understand DESE and accrediting body standards and translate them into templates, rubrics, surveys, and forms for the assessment data systems.
2. Administers the assessment data systems by loading data at coordinated intervals during the semester, creating and updating program templates as needed, providing permissions and access, providing user support, and providing training to students, faculty, staff, and cooperating teachers on the use of the assessment systems.
3. Reports, summarizes, and/or presents data as requested, assists with quantitative analysis, and assists in the development of assessment instruments.
4. Serves on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) writing team.
5. Works with Institutional Research to identify the data for use in annual reports to accrediting organizations, assists with data analysis, and loads the data into accrediting organization systems.
6. Prepares presentations based on annual reporting for EPP faculty and administrators.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Supports the College of Education by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Coordinator, Assessment Data Systems-College of Education is supervised by the Dean – College of Education and supervises graduate assistants and part-time employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED OCTOBER 2018