TITLE Web Analyst – Web Strategy and Development
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5141
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Web Strategy and Development
The Web Analyst - Web Strategy and Development will be responsible for implementing ongoing recommended website updates to positively impact search engine rankings and managing the website chat bot configuration. This position will work with Google Analytics 4 and Google Data Studio accounts for analytics and reporting. Other responsibilities include building web pages within the content management system and supporting the web help desk.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: An associate degree or the equivalent is required. A bachelor degree with an emphasis in technology-related courses is preferred. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Experience: At least two years working within a content management system (CMS) is required. At least one year of experience with search engine optimization, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio is required.
Skills: The ability to implement website changes from both a technical and content perspective is required. The ability to make recommendations and implement changes for improved accessibility, usability and conversions is required. A strong understanding of HTML and CSS is preferred. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Assumes responsibility of review and implementation of SEO recommendations provided by the BrightEdge platform.
2. Assumes responsibility of review and management of the Chat Bot implementation using the Mainstay platform.
3. Monitors and configures Google Analytics 4, Google Date Studio Dashboards and other reporting platforms to ensure proper measurement and reporting of SEO efforts, the University website, marketing landing pages and other initiatives.
4. Communicates progress and issues, and reports findings regularly to the director of web strategy and development.
5. Builds website pages, site builds and conducts site maintenance through the web support help desk as needed.
6. Supports the web content accessibility action plan as needed.
7. Supports WordPress blog site setup as needed.
8. Assists Ad Hoc projects as needed.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
11. Contributes to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Web Analyst – Web Strategy and Development is supervised by the Director, Web Strategy and Development.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES