TITLE Assistant Membership Manager
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5093
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Membership Manager, Radio and TV
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Assistant General Manager, KSMU & OPT
The Assistant Membership Manager assists the Membership Manager in overseeing all aspects of fundraising for KSMU Radio and Ozarks Publish Television. The Assistant Membership Manager helps to develop the annual plan for revenue generation and executes the fundraising strategy by coordinating on-air pledge events, direct mail campaigns, and telemarketing campaigns. The Assistant Membership Manager develops targeted fundraising messaging to secure increased giving and overall growth of the membership roster. The Assistant Membership Manager participates in ongoing evaluation of the stations’ fundraising efforts to help ensure effective strategy and practice.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma is required; a bachelor’s degree in Media, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Two years of media, public relations, or fundraising experience is required.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Strong writing skills are required. The ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, including the ability to learn new applications is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: This position transports without assistance membership materials and mailing materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Encourages giving to KSMU and Ozarks Public Television through individual giving, broadcast/web campaigns, grant-writing, and personal appeals.
2. Helps to ensure accurate membership records by providing oversight and training for staff and volunteers entering contributions and pledges, program preferences, and contact information using specialized public broadcasting software.
3. Develops effective fundraising strategies by analyzing mail, pledge, and telemarketing statistics and analyzing Nielsen audience data to target peak on-air fundraising opportunities.
4. Provides and analyzes data for Corporation for Public Broadcasting system reporting on public broadcasting membership and develops fundraising projections for pledge programming based on historical analysis and research of national giving for pledge programs.
5. Maintains good donor relationships by making personal connections with donors through face-to-face interaction and mail correspondence, and developing activities to engage donors in meaningful ways.
6. Assists in the oversight of all aspects of on-air pledge drives including scheduling programming and talent, developing messaging, and acting as pledge talent for both radio and television.
7. With the Membership Manager, engages in ongoing evaluation of fundraising efforts and results and implements changes as needed to ensure the effectiveness of the stations’ fundraising strategies and practices.
8. Works with staff and managers in other departments, including Production, Programming, Engineering, Corporate Support, and Management, to ensure effective communication and implementation of cross-discipline projects and processes.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts in the community and within the industry, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Membership Manager and/or station management.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Contributes to the overall success of KSMU and OPT by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Membership Manager is supervised by the Membership Manager and may supervise part-time employees, student workers and volunteers.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES