TITLE Senior Corporate Support Representative
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5084
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Community Support
The Senior Corporate Support Representative is responsible for attracting, maintaining, and increasing support for KSMU and Ozarks Public Television (OPT) from businesses, foundations, and non-profit organizations. The Senior Corporate Support Representative plays a key role in planning and developing sales strategy.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Bachelor’s degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Three years of successful sales, direct fundraising, or customer service experience is required. Experience in media sales or public broadcasting fundraising is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Computer literacy is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Proficiency with graphic design software is preferred.
License: A valid driver’s license is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Secures financial support for programming from businesses across the KSMU and OPT coverage areas by researching prospects, initiating sales calls, making oral presentations, developing proposals, completing underwriting orders, creating on-air underwriting announcements, servicing accounts, and assisting in collections.
2. Develops underwriting packages and other sales materials, including determining rates and underwriter benefits, as well as creating communication materials to aid the sales process.
3. Evaluates future PBS schedules for tactical and strategic sales planning.
4. Develops and maintains knowledge of Nielsen ratings data to effectively communicate the reach and marketing efficacy of KSMU and OPT underwriting to potential clients.
5. Meets assigned sales goals for annual collections as determined by the Director, Community Support, as well as weekly goals for contacting prospects, presenting proposals, and securing commitments.
6. Develops and maintains strong knowledge of FCC guidelines as they relate to non-profit media underwriting announcements to ensure on-air scripts are in compliance with current regulations.
7. Contributes to the successful execution of sales contracts by fostering effective interdepartmental communication, developing and maintaining familiarity with television and radio traffic software as it relates to scheduling underwriting announcements, maintaining clear records of active and past contracts, and participating in the regular evaluation and refinement of account servicing processes.
8. Contributes to the success of special station events by developing sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsorship commitments from businesses, foundations, and non-profit organizations.
9. Develops and maintains relationships with business leaders, non-profit leaders, and other community leaders in order to effectively communicate and secure funding for station programming and projects.
10. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
11. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director, Community Support.
12. Contributes to the overall success of KSMU and OPT by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Corporate Support Representative is supervised by the Director, Community Support and supervises student interns and employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES