TITLE Coordinator, Distance Learning Media Production
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5016
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Provost for Access and Outreach
The Distance Learning Media Production Coordinator is responsible for production and coordination of electronic media materials for all distance learning delivery systems utilized by Missouri State Outreach. The Distance Learning Media Production Coordinator has supervisory, design, coordination, and operational responsibilities for the production, post-production, and distribution of audio-visual materials for Missouri State Outreach. The Distance Learning Media Production Coordinator creates, curates, consults and provides direction for the production and design of audio-visual materials.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: An undergraduate degree in Electronic Media or comparable field required.
Experience: At least three years of work experience in producing, directing, editing, and performing the technical aspects of audio and video recording and post-production is required. Knowledge of signal flow for audio and video operations is required. Experience with distance learning technologies including online course platforms, web-conferencing, online video formats, DVD, web content development, and audio and video streaming as well as proficiency in digital non-linear editing platforms (AVID and/or Adobe Premiere) is required. Proficiency in installation of media production systems in studio and classroom settings is required.
Skills: Ability to operate digital video and audio equipment is required. The ability to operate equipment in the aforementioned delivery systems is required. Competency in Adobe Suite, especially Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Premiere and/or AVID editing systems is required. Effective written and verbal communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively within a team is required. Supervisory skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Must be able to lift and carry equipment and materials weighing up to 60 pounds and climb ladders to a height of 20 feet. Must have visual and audio acuity within normal ranges.
Other: The scope of the position occasionally requires attendance at evening and weekend activities. Occasional travel to workshops, seminars and University events is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Actively engages in the production and post-production of electronic materials for Missouri State Outreach initiatives by operating all audio-video equipmentand providing creative direction. . The equipment to be operated include Sony NXCAM cameras, DV-tape recorders, microphones (wired and wireless), video codecs, audioconferencing equipment, audio and video mixers, distribution amplifiers, and control equipment.
2. Provides support for Missouri State Outreach courses by creating and overseeing the production and implementation of still and animated electronic graphics and all audio/video materials on computer-based delivery systems, such as DVDs, and web-based systems including administration of the Outreach You-Tube channel.
3. Collaborates with Missouri State Outreach’s Marketing and Promotions team to produce video and multimedia content for web, social, media, advertising and other channels utilizing principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products and services.
4. Ensures that all audio-visual equipment is operational and furthers the needs of Missouri State Outreach by monitoring the equipment and investigating, recommending, and specifying replacement, upgrades, and new technologies to audio-visual systems as warranted.
4. Facilitates utilization of audio-video materials within each of the distance learning delivery systems by providing support and consultation for faculty, staff, and students.
5. Assures successful media utilization in Missouri State Outreach projects by working as a member of the Outreach production team with designers, content specialist, and technicians.
6. Furthers the mission of the University by working cooperatively and collaboratively with other University departments and units.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or other courses required as required.
10. Contributes to the overall success of Missouri State Outreach by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Distance Learning Media Production Coordinator is supervised by the Associate Provost for Access and Outreach and supervises full time, part time, and student employees for audio-video production and media delivery support systems.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2022