TITLE Basketball Video Coordinator - Athletics
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5013
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Head Athletics Coach
The Basketball Video Coordinator – Athletics is responsible for creative video content for the Missouri State University basketball program, including the organization and creation of content on social media platforms which will include videos, photos, etc.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor's degree is required; a degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism, or a related major is preferred.
Experience: At least one year of demonstrated work experience with Adobe Suite, Synergy, Hudl, ARMS, and recruiting software is required. Experience in a responsible position with social media management in a collegiate setting is preferred.
Skills: Strong planning and organization skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position lifts and carries media equipment weighing up to fifty pounds on an occasional basis and works with visual images and audio files to create content. This position works on an individual basis to capture content both home and away, requiring a flexible work schedule that can include early mornings and late nights. This position edits and publishes website content following competitive athletic events, requiring additional work after the event ends.
Other: The scope of the job frequently requires travel and evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, events, seminars, and workshops. Flexible hours and adaptability in scheduling and the ability to perform job duties on short notice is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Takes lead role in developing and planning ideation and creative video content strategy for the basketball program in collaboration with athletics communications.
2. Manages all video related activities for the basketball program including coordination, management, and video breakdown of practices, games, opponents, and game film.
3. Operates video equipment and records games, practices, captures events, performances, community service activities, and other related special events for the program and posts on social media.
4. Develops videos in a timely manner and post-game highlights, hype videos, recruiting videos, and videos for other areas of basketball program.
5. Collaborates and coordinates with athletics communications, marketing, and development to assist the basketball program with social media campaigns.
6. Manages scouting breakdown and provides to staff in a timely fashion.
7. Oversees the conference video exchange in accordance with conference policies.
8. Maintains a calendar of events for team schedule, promotions, and special events.
9. Organizes video equipment and supplies.
10. Remains abreast on creative content as well as emerging trends and standards that can be incorporated within the program.
11.Assists recruiting staff as permissible by University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
12. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
13. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director of Athletics.
14. Contributes to the overall success of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Basketball Video Coordinator – Athletics is supervised by the Head Athletics Coach and may supervise interns and/or student workers.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES