TITLE Video Coordinator-Athletics
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 5003
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Director, Athletics – Communication
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Director, Athletics
The Video Coordinator, Athletics works with the Director, Athletics and the Assistant Director, Athletics – Communication to plan, shoot, edit, and produce all video content used by Athletics Communications and the Athletics department in support of the promotion and success of its seventeen intercollegiate athletics programs. The Video Coordinator, Athletics oversees the production, scheduling, and promotion of athletic video content for all digital platforms, including feature stories, game highlights, press conferences, interviews, and promotional content. The Video Coordinator, Athletics uses creative storytelling to create captivating and engaging content. The Video Coordinator, Athletics maintains positive working relationships with key partners such as he University, conference offices, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and other partners.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: At least one year of work experience with videography, video editing, and creating social media content is required. Experience with DSLR cameras, DSLR video cameras, and Premier Pro software is required. Two years of experience in a college sports information office is preferred.
Skills: Time management, organizational, planning, supervisory, strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills are required. Strong computer skills, particularly in video software editing and production of social media content, are required. A demonstrated ability to combine function and visual appearance to achieve successful communication via online platforms is required. Knowledge of audio missing, lighting methods, and other video-making techniques are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Established sports journalism skills, particularly in the intercollegiate field, are preferred.
Effort: This position lifts and carries media equipment weighing up to thirty pounds on an occasional basis and works with visual images and audio files to create content. This position works on an individual basis to capture content both home and away, requiring a flexible work schedule that can include early mornings and late nights. This position edits and publishes website content following competitive athletic events, requiring additional work after the event ends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Uses creative storytelling techniques to enhance the production of athletics content for all areas of Athletics.
2. Creates and manages digital content and graphic design in a timely manner, including video and motion graphics.
3. Plans, scripts, shoots, and edits videos in both short- and long form.
4. Interprets and utilizes University and Missouri State Athletics brand standards.
5. Researches and evaluates new videographic methods and technology and makes recommendations for equipment and process enhancements.
6. Develops and maintains inventory and archives of video content, equipment, storage devices, and peripheral equipment and supplies.
7. Develops, maintains, and coordinates a cohesive, engaging, and usable athletics web presence by creating and repurposing copy, graphics, photography, multimedia, and other online resources.
8. Initiates, manages, and oversees social media content by coordinating necessary and available resources for successful coverage and promotion of the Athletics program.
9. Ensures compliance with applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference, digital content partners, such as ESPN, FOX Sports, etc., and other intercollegiate governing bodies by coordinating web site and social media effects with athletics compliance.
10. Assists in the management of daily operations of the Athletics Communications Office by participating in the development and implementation of office procedures and functions and the supervision of graduate assistants and student employees.
11. Performs Athletics Communications duties during competitive athletics events as assigned.
12. Abides by and complies with NCAA and Missouri Valley rules, athletic standards, requirements, and policies of the University, guidelines and policies of the Athletics department, and reports concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines or policies to the Director of Athletics or the Assistant Director, Athletics – Compliance.
13. Works closely with coaches, administrators, and student-athletes to facilitate transparent and positive working relationships.
14. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
15. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending courses and/or training as required by the Assistant Director, Athletics – Communications.
16. Contributes to the overall success of Intercollegiate Athletics by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Director, Athletics – Communications.
The Video Coordinator, Athletics is supervised by the Assistant Director, Athletics – Communications and assists with the supervision of graduate assistants and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES