TITLE Assistant Director Procurement/Senior Procurement Card Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 4816
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of Procurement Services
The Assistant Director Procurement/Senior Procurement Card Coordinator supports the Office of Procurement Services and other University departments by coordinating the procurement card program and supporting the Office of Procurement in other duties. The Assistant Director Procurement/Senior Procurement Card Coordinator oversees University procurement card purchases in excess of thirteen million dollars annually and ensures compliance with University policy. The Assistant Director Procurement/Senior Procurement Card Coordinator provides for-credit classroom instruction in related courses at the University.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and a Master’s in a business-related field are required. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Experience: At least two years of experience is required in procurement, preferably public sector procurement, with specific experience in procurement card purchases and in using automate procurement procedures. Training experience is required. Experience in responsible supervisory positions is preferred.
Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Interpersonal and customer services skills are required. Skills in the use of personal computers including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are required. The ability to work with colleagues at all administrative and academic levels is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates all aspects of the University’s procurement card program to include the dissemination of program information to various departments and cardholders, program expansion, training, and compliance monitoring with regulatory guidelines and University policies.
2. Increases customer satisfaction by expanding the range and improving the quality of procurement services to University departments by providing input and implementing the use of information technology to automate and expedite the procurement process.
3. Protects the interests of the University regarding purchases by serving as a representative for the University and monitoring vendor activities for compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
4. Minimizes institutional liability by reviewing and recommending approval or disapproval of University contracts in terms of the adequacy of contract terminology, content, and obligation of the physical resources of the University.
5. Provides continuity of management, supervision, and leadership within Procurement Services by assuming duties and responsibilities as designated by the Director of Procurement Services.
6. Assists in the development of a competent, productive, and effective departmental staff by participating in the interview process for applicants, making recommendations regarding hiring decisions, training staff members involved in procurement operations, and providing input regarding performance evaluations.
7. Uses an understanding of basic business concepts and computer technologies to provide for-credit classroom instruction at the University.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director of Procurement Services.
10. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Procurement Services by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Director Procurement/Senior Procurement Card Coordinator is supervised by the Director of Procurement Services and supervises the Procurement Card Coordinator and may assign and monitor the work of staff and students.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JUNE 2022