TITLE Operations Administrator for Academic Affairs
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 4055
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Budget and Financial Manager, Provost Office
The Operations Administrator for Academic Affairs performs budgeting and financial record keeping as well as professional accounting involved in the daily operation of the Provost Cost Center and Academic Affairs. This position assists the Budget and Financial Manager of the Provost Office preparing financial and nonfinancial reports and assumes responsibility for a variety of projects as directed by the Budget and Financial Manager.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business is preferred.
Experience: At least five years of experience in accounting, budgeting, or a related field is required. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Skills: Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills is required. Strong computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, and Microsoft Word is required. The ability to understand, interpret, and apply accounting standards, principles and procedures is required. Be able to complete work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and provide on-going data to the Budget and Financial Manager is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Helps to ensure the achievement of the mission of the University by assisting the Budget and Financial Manager, colleges, and academic departments.
2. Collects, organizes, and analyzes financial and other nonfinancial data to assist the Budget and Financial Manager in preparation of projections, budgets, and other financial documents for Academic Affairs.
3. Assures the utilization of available techniques, technologies, and accurate methodology to assist with budgeting, budget reporting, resource allocation, and budget control.
4. Oversees monthly review process of Office of the Provost budgets and report anomalies to the Budget and Financial Manager.
5. Prepares journal entries for the Office of the Provost and other Academic Affairs units as needed.
6. Prepares requisitions and payment requests.
7. Reviews travel expense reports for accuracy and adherence to policy.
8. Prepares summaries for review by the Budget and Financial Manager of the financial status of all Academic Affairs funds and organizations.
9. Assists with, supports, and coordinates budgeting and record keeping for Academic Affairs endowed professorships, chairs, and fellowships.
10. Creates a document based on fees that maps the detail codes and Banner fund, organization, account, and program codes to the Fee Resolution.
11. Assists the Budget and Financial Manager maintain the Academic Affairs database of faculty and staff positions.
12. Reviews funding arrangements between departments, colleges, and Academic Outreach for accuracy before submitting to the Budget and Financial Manager for final review.
13. Coordinates Academic Outreach noncredit budgets.
14. Creates and maintains records comparing budget to actual expenditures for the Student Computer User Fee (SCUF).
15. Assists with preparing the Annual Report for the Provost.
16. Prepares the year-to-year change report.
17. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
18. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Budget and Financial Manager.
19. Ensures that miscellaneous assignments related to Academic Affairs are completed in the best interest of the University by accepting and accomplishing tasks delegated by the Budget and Financial Manager.
The Operations Administrator for Academic Affairs is supervised by the Budget and Financial Manager and supervises temporary employees, graduate assistants, and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES