TITLE Financial Technology Support Specialist
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 4039
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Financial Systems, Reporting, and Planning
The Financial Technology Support Specialist promotes effective use of the various administrative finance systems and technologies used within the Finance Division by providing system administration, technical support, trouble-shooting, process documentation, training, and quality customer service to both division and campus departmental users. The Financial Technology Support Specialist uses an understanding of basic accounting principles, along with knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the finance system software to guide users in the proper use of those systems as well as in the implementation of new or unused features. The Financial Technology Support Specialist provides additional technology support by maintaining web pages, assisting with data security, and providing hardware support. The Financial Technology Support Specialist provides for-credit classroom instruction in related to courses at the University.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor's degree is required. A major in accounting, business, or computer information systems is preferred. Course work in both accounting and computer information systems is preferred.
Experience: Experience with Banner Finance system or other finance system, CASHNet or other payment system, Argos reporting, SQL, Appman, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel is preferred.
Skills: Strong technical aptitude is required. Must be able to work independently, manage multiple concurrent tasks and work with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge. Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills are required. Must be detail oriented. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and other financial software is preferred. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and financial reporting is preferred. Competency in the use of query and report tools is preferred. Experience with database packages and web page design software is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Supports the effective daily operation of financial systems and other technology resources by using technical and functional knowledge along with an understanding of the business processes of the division to guide users on the proper use of those systems and technologies, provide for problem determination and resolution, assist with the implementation of new or unused features, and provide related training and documentation.
2. Acts as a point of contact for inquiries and requests for assistance from both Finance and campus departmental users of financial system software by responding to inquiries, fulfilling help requests, and coordinating system access and authorizations.
3. Assists with various forms of finance system administration, including system setup, security and access, upgrades, and testing.
4. Provides support services to Finance Division users by assisting with the installation of new computer workstations and software, installing upgrades and patches, resolving problems, and making recommendations and assisting with the purchase of new equipment and software.
5. Develops and maintains documentation and may provide training related to the financial systems, custom queries, reports, or other technology resources.
6. Assists in the development and maintenance of web pages and web applications as they pertain to the division.
7. Uses an understanding of basic accounting and business concepts to provide for-credit classroom instruction at the University.
8. Maintains an understanding of both University security policies and external regulations that govern the disclosure of financial information and assists in ensuring that these policies and regulations are followed within the division.
9. Applies basic accounting principles, and uses effective interpersonal communication, time-management and problem-solving skills when providing system and technical support, developing financial reports and queries, developing documentation and training, serving on committees, or independently bringing special administrative projects through to completion as assigned.
10. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
11. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
12. Contributes to the overall success of the division by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Financial Technology Support Specialist is supervised by the Director, Financial Systems, Reporting, and Planning.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED SEPTEMBER 2022