TITLE Specialist, English Language Institute Outreach and Admissions
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2661
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Executive Director, English Language Institute
The Specialist, English Language Institute Outreach and Admissions assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with current and potential program participants, provides logistical support and customer service for all English Language Institute (ELI) program participants, provides marketing support, and recruits for the ELI. The ELI Outreach and Admissions Specialist reviews and evaluates academic credentials, financial resources, and related application documents of prospective students from other countries to determine eligibility for admission to the ELI and, when applicable, conditional admission to the University. The ELI Outreach and Admissions Specialist determines the acceptability of documentation for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Form I-20 and U.S. Department of State Form DS-2019. The ELI Outreach and Admissions Specialist communicates with prospective program participants, prepares admissions documents, inputs participant information to generate I-20 forms, maintains records in the Student Exchange Visitors Information Tracking System (SEVIS) as required by the Department of Homeland Security, and advises ELI students on immigration issues. The ELI Outreach and Admissions Specialist works with the Executive Director, English Language Institute to manage ELI program enrollment and retention and provides general administrative support services for the department.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience providing support services at the university level or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience advising international students is required. Experience in cross-cultural communication is required. Experience leading others to achieve goals and objectives is required. Experience working with people of diverse abilities and English proficiencies is preferred. Experience recruiting international students for U.S. universities is preferred.
Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required. Computer literacy is required. Strong organizational skills are required. The ability to work independently as well as with a team is required. Interest in and the ability to work with individuals from a large variety of U.S. and world cultures is required. Willingness and ability to learn admission procedures and policies regarding international students and the SEVIS program is required. Bilingualism is preferred. Ability to translate and interpret in Spanish is preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: The position requires extended periods of time at a computer workstation, extensive utilization of information displayed on a computer monitor, and includes considerable data entry.
Other: Must be U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, eligible by law to access the Student Exchange Visitors Tracking System (SEVIS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Determines the admissibility of ELI program applicants, including researching, processing, and evaluating international student application materials, performing research to obtain information needed to evaluate complex transcripts from educational systems outside the U.S. with curriculum and grading which are different from U.S. systems, and evaluating the adequacy of the student’s financial resources and other application documents according to University and U.S. Department of Homeland Security criteria.
2. Communicates with stakeholders including prospective ELI program participants, agents, partner university contacts, and Missouri State University department faculty to ensure successful admission and retention of participants and students in all ELI programs.
3. Assists ELI directors with marketing and outreach to promote programs, including editing the ELI website, making in-person or web-based presentations, creating email campaigns, and crafting social media postings.
4. Provides administrative support services to the ELI such as purchasing supplies, processing tuition and fee payments, preparing payment requests, reserving rooms, and advising F-1 or J-1 students regarding immigration issues.
3. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
4. Remains competent and current through attending professional development courses and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
5. Contributes to the overall success of the English Language Institute by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Specialist, English Language Institute Outreach and Admissions is supervised by the Executive Director, English Language Institute and supervises student employees, graduate assistants, and/or part-time staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES