TITLE Coordinator, Graduate Program Office - College of Business
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2650
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Dean, College of Business responsible for graduate programs
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean, College of Business (COB)
The primary job duty of the Coordinator, Graduate Program Office is to administer day-to-day operations of the COB graduate programs, including recruiting potential students, evaluating applications for admission, and advising prospective and current students.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree from an Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accredited institution is required by the start date of the position; an MBA or MAcc is preferred.
Experience: Two years of experience in a professional service-oriented setting is required.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Demonstrated organizational skills are required. The ability to interact with a culturally diverse student population is required. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet applications, relational databases, and query tools is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: Occasional overnight travel is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates and implements the recruiting strategy for COB graduate program students by maintaining the recruiting plan, including the plan for recruiting international graduate students, working with the Marketing, Strategic Communications, and External Relations Coordinator in the production of recruiting materials, promoting the graduate programs to area business executives, and representing the University and COB at various recruiting events, including travel within and outside Missouri to college fairs and other recruiting events.
2. Coordinates the COB graduate programs admissions process by evaluating applications and transcripts and coordinating with the Graduate College and International Student Services.
3. Provides academic advisement services to all COB graduate program students, reviews applications for Candidacy and Intent to Graduate forms, handles academic problems, and handles student concerns and complaints.
4. Works with the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs to provide support to COB graduate students.
5. Encourages the development of a connection to Missouri State University and COB by providing orientation for newly admitted COB graduate students.
6. Develops mentors and serves as the faculty advisor for the MBA Association student organization.
7. Prepares MBA class schedules in coordination with the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs.
8. Maintains relationships with COB graduate program alumni by maintaining and utilizing the COB student/graduate information database.
9. Supports the College of Business by serving on committees, councils, and other deliberative bodies as assigned by the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs.
10. Oversees and supervises graduate program advisors, student workers, and graduate assistants.
11. Promotes a positive customer service-oriented attitude and environment.
12. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
13. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs.
14. Supports the College of Business by performing all other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs.
The Coordinator, COB Graduate Programs Office is supervised by the Associate Dean responsible for COB graduate programs and assigns work to clerical support staff, COB Graduate Program Advisors, and Graduate Assistants.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED APRIL 2016