TITLE Coordinator, Logistics and Test Preparation
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2615
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR English Language Institute (ELI) Special Programs Director
The Coordinator, Logistics and Test Preparation provides a variety of academic and student support services for ELI Special Programs. The Coordinator, Logistics and Test Preparation serves as a liaison between Special Programs and international students by providing instruction, cultural guidance, and logistical support. The Coordinator, Logistics and Test Preparation assists in the development of customized test preparation training and other educational programs, organizes and presents course content, advises students, and coordinates with academic units to implement new programs. Continuation of this position is dependent on sufficient revenue being generated by Special Programs.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree is required.
Experience: At least one year of administrative experience in a university setting is required. Experience with event planning, budgets, and customer service is required. Experience teaching test preparation and ESL courses is required. Experience with online instruction is preferred.
Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Effective customer service skills are required. Effective interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of both U.S. and other cultures and customs is required. An understanding of both U.S. and international higher education administration and finance is required. Demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office applications is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Certification: Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) or Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certification is required.
Other: A valid driver’s license is required. The scope of the position requires the ability to work weekends and flexible hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in the creation of customized educational and training programs, including curriculum development, course content, and budget for potential clients.
2. Teaches non-credit English as a Second Language (ESL), English for Specific Purposes, and test preparation courses both live and online for Special Programs as needed.
3. Serves as the primary liaison between Special Programs and international students, provides cultural guidance and ongoing support to help students adapt culturally and have a safe and successful academic experience at Missouri State University.
4. Provides academic advisory support for Special Programs students enrolled in for-credit programs, in coordination with the appropriate academic department.
5. Provides customer service and logistical support to Special Programs participants by hosting visiting groups from international universities and private enterprise and making arrangements for professional development activities and cultural experiences.
6. Coordinates program arrangements with administrative and academic departments.
7. Provides support with the application, admission, enrollment, and orientation of international students participating in Special Programs.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
10. Helps ensure the overall success and growth of Missouri State by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Coordinator, Logistics and Test Preparation is supervised by the ELI Special Programs Director and may supervise full-time and part-time ELI instructors on assignment with Special Programs, graduate assistants, and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2020