TITLE Marketing and Recruitment Specialist, International Education and Training
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2612
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Vice President, International Programs/Director, International Leadership and Training Center (ILTC)
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Associate Vice President, International Programs
The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist plans, organizes, and implements the marketing, communications, recruitment, and community outreach efforts of the MSU Foreign Language Institute (FLI), the English Language Institute (ELI), and the ILTC. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist studies target market conditions to identify learning needs and to direct marketing efforts to support the growth of FLI, ELI, and ILTC programs. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist assists in the development of curriculum to meet identified learning needs and identifies existing for-credit courses and noncredit programs that might be of interest to targeted markets. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist provides translation services and recruits students from China, Japan, and other countries of East Asia. Continuation of this position is dependent on sufficient revenue being generated by ILTC programs.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is required.
Experience: At least three years of living in China and/or Japan is required. Experience in international student recruitment and/or admissions is required. Experience teaching a language is required; experience teaching Chinese or Japanese is preferred. Experience in translation and interpretation is required.
Skills: Verbal and written fluency in English as well as Mandarin Chinese and/or Japanese is required. Effective interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of both U.S. and East Asian culture and customs is required. Strong analytical, communication, and critical-thinking skills are required. Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Represents Missouri State University internationally (with an emphasis on China, Japan, and other countries of East Asia) in establishing and maintaining relationships with universities, high schools, businesses, recruiting agents, and professional associations that are current or potential sources for program participants in MSU international education and training programs.
2. Develops and implements marketing and communication plans for international education and training programs offered by ELI, FLI, and ILTC.
3. Leads student recruitment and community outreach efforts of FLI by promoting existing for-credit courses and identifying learning needs and assisting in the development and promotion of noncredit programs.
4. Facilitates access by supporting the application, admission, enrollment, and orientation of international students participating in ELI and ILTC programs.
5. Provides expertise in developing culturally appropriate messaging for marketing and promotional materials produced by MSU’s Office of International Programs and provides Chinese and Japanese language translation of marketing and promotional materials and content for print, website, and social media channels.
6. Develops curriculum and delivers instruction in Chinese and Japanese language courses offered by FLI.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
9. Helps to ensure the overall success and growth of Missouri State University by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist, International Education and Training is supervised by the Assistant Vice President, International Programs/Director, ILTC.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES