TITLE Coordinator, Dual Credit-English
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2598
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Head, English
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean
The primary job duty of the Coordinator, Dual Credit-English Department is to coordinate and administer the high school dual credit program in English. Responsibilities include assisting area high school teachers to provide program continuity between their curriculum and their Missouri State University English Department. The Coordinator, Dual Credit-English Department helps to coordinate the end of the year examination of student portfolios and organizes annual on-campus conferences for area high school teachers. The Coordinator, Dual Credit-English Department recruits prospective students for Missouri State University and the English Department by arranging campus visits and tours for dual-credit high school students and speaking to high school English classes in the area and providing information about English Department programs. The Coordinator, Dual Credit- English Department oversees the student teaching field experiences of students in the English Education program and assists with the Ozarks Writing Project.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree is required.
Experience: At least two years of successful high school teaching experience in English is required. Experience teaching college-level English is required. Experience teaching high-school dual credit courses is preferred.
Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Effective interpersonal skills, project management, and organizational skills are required. Familiarity with the Missouri State University dual credit program is preferred. Familiarity with local and regional high school English programs is preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: The ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds is required.
Other: A valid Missouri driver’s license is required. Out-of-town travel is required, normally within a seventeen county service area served by the University for dual credit courses. The scope of the position may occasionally require some evening or weekend work to oversee off-campus dual credit programs and related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides coordination and administration of the University’s high school dual credit program in English.
2. Coordinates the Dual Credit Program in English by meeting with principals and/or teachers who are new to the dual credit program, organizing annual on-campus conferences for area teachers, helping them to provide program continuity with their curriculum and that of the Missouri State University English department, and assisting with the examination of student portfolios at the end of the academic year.
3. Contributes to the recruiting effort by inviting dual credit students to campus, arranging campus tours, and speaking to high school English classes in the area about English programs.
4. Oversees the field experience of the student teachers in the English education program each semester as needed.
5. Coordinates with the Ozarks Writing Project.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Department Head.
8. Contributes to the overall success of the English Department by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Coordinator, Dual Credit-English Department is supervised by the Head, English
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2012