TITLE Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2597
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Provost for Access and Outreach
The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs provides leadership and coordination for the development of course rotations with colleges and universities relative to off-campus and web-conference programs, interacts with academic departments to identify potential partner institutions, oversees MDHD-WD and HLC approvals for off-campus delivery, and distance delivery of programs using primarily web-conferencing technology. Responsibilities include assessing the needs of off-campus students, coordinating with academic departments and colleges to provide courses in response to those needs, implementing marketing and promotion strategies to ensure participation, assisting with admission and registration support services at off-campus sites, and providing orientation and administrative support for students and faculty. The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs facilitates the development and maintenance of distance education infrastructure and identifies funding to support upgrades and assures the provision of classroom support services. The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs coordinates and schedules use of the BearNet rooms by both University and non-University groups. The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs coordinates web-conference and off-campus programs, manages budgeted funds, and tracks and prepares financial and enrollment reports. The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs coordinates state approvals relative to off-campus and web-conference programs, confirms locations through the HLC notification process, researches trends, provides data analysis as needed, identifies opportunities utilizing data and trend analysis, and contributes to transfer student recruitment and retention.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; an emphasis in education, business, communication, technology, or a related field is preferred. A master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least two years of experience in teaching, project management, budget management, public relations, or program coordination is required.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, project management and organizational skill are required. Competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and database management is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides leadership for the development, expansion, and administration of the University’s web-conferencing and off-campus credit programs.
2. Manages the growth, development, promotion, and administration of off-campus delivery and expansion by working with regional administrators to implement marketing strategies, developing tracking mechanisms and reports to determine the economic viability of off-campus programs, ensuring cost-effective practices, monitoring enrollments in a timely manner, and making recommendations to the Associate Provost based on analysis of the data.
3. Contributes to the achievement of the University’s recruitment and retention goals by making presentations to faculty and students, coordinating the development of off-campus and web-conference course rotations, recommending policy and procedural changes, assisting with orientation activities for students and instructors, coordinating with academic departments at the University, solving problems, and serving as an advisor and resource for the development of off-campus programs.
4. Oversees classroom technology resources by identifying, managing, and implementing upgrades and maintenance to distance education infrastructure, locating funding sources for these purposes, facilitating classroom modifications, providing responsive support services, effectively utilizing technology budgets, monitoring expenditures, and providing recommendations for optimum use of funds.
5. Provides event scheduling for web-conferencing equipped rooms and schedules off-campus courses.
6. Uses Banner and other technologies to support efficient data management, budget projections, and communications.
7. Works cooperatively with Publications and Marketing staff to develop and implement effective recruitment and marketing strategies related to the web-conferencing and off-campus program, including assistance with copywriting, preparation of publications, distribution of brochures and catalogs, etc.
8. Works collaboratively and creatively with all constituents to meet the goals of Missouri State Outreach.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Associate Provost for Access and Outreach.
11. Contributes to the overall success of Missouri State Outreach by performing these duties effectively in a congenial and student-focused manner and by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Director, Web-Conferencing and Off-Campus Programs is supervised by the Associate Provost for Access and Outreach.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED OCTOBER 2021