TITLE Associate Director, Dual Credit Program
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2592
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Dual Credit Program
The Associate Director, Dual Credit Program makes presentations to area high school students about the dual credit program at Missouri State University and coordinates with dual credit teachers in area high schools and University academic departments to facilitate the administration of the program. The Associate Director, Dual Credit Program works with high schools, students, and parents to facilitate a positive experience with Missouri State University’s dual credit program. The Associate Director, Dual Credit Program works with various University departments to assure dual credit teachers and students have access to appropriate resources. The Associate Director, Dual Credit Program helps to ensure that the Dual Credit Program is administered in accord with guidelines established by the University and the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree is required; a Master’s degree with an emphasis in education or a related field is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of experience in program development, project management, and/or marketing is required.
Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are required. Project management and organizational skills are required. Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and presentation software such as PowerPoint is required.
Effort: Occasionally required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
Other: Out-of-town travel throughout the state of Missouri is required; a valid driver’s license and transportation is required. The scope of the position may occasionally require some evening or weekend work to oversee off-campus dual credit programs and related duties. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides day-to-day coordination of Dual Credit operations involving dual credit instructor credentialing, recruitment, orientation, and mentoring and meets with University departments to pursue dual credit academic goals.
2. Contributes to the achievement of the University’s recruitment and retention goals by making presentations and providing information about the University’s dual credit program to high school students and their parents, working cooperatively with the University’s admissions and recruitment staff, representing the University at programs for the high school market, and encouraging dual credit students to consider attending the University upon graduation.
3. Assists in developing marketing materials and recruitment strategies that provide information for parents and students relative to dual credit, college, and career pathways.
4. Develops approaches and oversees communications with University liaisons, instructors, and academic departments to strengthen curricular outcomes, faculty credentialing, and dual credit processes, including maintaining the dual credit instructor blackboard shell announcements, instructors, and University liaison support.
5. Accurately manages information and data to facilitate a better understanding of dual credit, uses data to inform decisions, and communicates outcomes to the education community.
6. Develops rapport with Dual Credit stakeholders and assists Dual Credit instructors with program and administrative tasks, and fosters understanding among school personnel, students, and parents regarding University processes
7. Assists with scheduling and approves student worker timesheets.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director, Dual Credit Program.
10. Contributes to the overall success of Access and Outreach by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Associate Director, Dual Credit Program is supervised by the Director, Dual Credit Program and supervises an administrative support employee.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2021