TITLE Director of Registration Services
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2563
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Provost for Access and Outreach
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Director of Registration Services is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing the registration and related services and functions for credit-bearing programs coordinated through Access and Outreach. The Director coordinates with other program directors in Access and Outreach in the delivery of flexible, responsive, and efficient registration services, trains faculty who assist with registration, uses the management information system and established policies and procedures to operate the registration process, collects fees, manages funds and budgets, and manages staff to assure a customer service orientation.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required, with formal course work in one or more areas directly related to job responsibilities, such as Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Public Administration, etc. A Master's degree is preferred.
Experience: Requires at least five years of professional, administrative experience, which includes supervisory experience and implementation of a customer service philosophy into daily operations. Required experience must include a minimum of three years experience working in a college or university setting, and at least two years experience with registration procedures, accounting systems, fee collection, and/or records management and reporting. Experience in providing programs or client services for adults are preferred.
Skills: Must be knowledgeable in the use of computerized management information systems; experience in the use of such systems for college registration functions is preferred. Experience in word processing and the use of computerized spreadsheet programs is required. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and supervisory skills. Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision, have the ability to manage details associated with implementing complex policies and procedures, and have excellent decision-making skills. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the efficient operation of registration and related functions for on-campus and off-campus credit-bearing programs coordinated through Access and Outreach by coordinating with other program directors in the delivery of registration services for continuing education students.
2. Facilitates the registration process for students in classes that utilize varied delivery systems, such as distance learning, off-campus, and/or special credit programs, by providing registration services that demonstrate flexibility, responsiveness, and efficiency.
3. Assures the integrity of registration services by coordinating with program development staff within Access and Outreach in training faculty who may be assisting with registration and related services, especially for off-campus and/or special credit programs.
4. Maintains a coherent registration system by utilizing a computer-based management information system to handle the daily operations of the Registration Services Department, utilizing policies and procedures to assure that deadlines are followed for registration, changes, withdrawals, payments, and refunds, determining correct refund amounts, making exceptions to tuition refund policy when warranted following approved guidelines, recommending policy and procedure changes when needed, and working in collaboration with other University departments as needed.
5. Assures fiscal accountability by managing funds from student fee collection, collecting student fee revenues in a timely manner, initiating correspondence related to collections, requesting revenue transfers when indicated, and developing and managing the budget for the Registration Services Department.
6. Assures that the Registration Services Department operates effectively within a customer service orientation by managing staff through selection, training, and assignment of responsibilities and priorities, evaluating individual performance, evaluating staffing needs, and recommending changes as needed.
7. Contributes to the efficient operation of Access and Outreach by preparing statistical and special reports as assigned by the Associate Provost, assisting in the development of text and forms related to registration policies and procedures for Access and Outreach publications, and communicating with other campus units and the public regarding registration and related services.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Associate Provost.
10. Contributes to the overall success Access and Outreach by performing these duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and stated values of Access and Outreach and performing all other essential duties as assigned.
The Director of Registration Services receives supervision from the Associate Provost for Access and Outreach and exercises supervision of registration support staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED NOVEMBER 2012