TITLE Director, School and Community Partnerships
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2455
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, College of Education
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Director, School and Community Partnerships promotes professional education programs and initiatives in the College of Education (COE) by connecting schools and community groups with COE programs. The Director, School and Community Partnerships provides leadership in support of COE’s “One Missouri” vision specifically related to expansion of the Internship Academy initiative.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A terminal degree is required.
Experience: At least six years of PK-12 administrative experience is required. Must be qualified to teach a course in one of the academic departments of the College of Education.
Skills: The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with the Associate Dean to develop a plan to engage schools and community groups, agencies, and organizations in the One Missouri partnership initiative.
2. Works collaboratively with COE departments to promote partnerships and internship opportunities with schools and community groups.
3. Works with Missouri State University Outreach personnel as appropriate in support of COE programs.
4. Attends COE Leadership Council Meetings.
5. Attends meetings in Jefferson City, St. Louis, Kansas City, and rural areas throughout Missouri to promote One Missouri and the Internship Academy.
6. Serves as the COE Dean’s liaison upon request.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Supports the overall success of professional education programs and COE initiatives by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Director, School and Community Partnerships is supervised by the Dean of the College of Education.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES