TITLE Assistant to the Dean, College of Agriculture - Student Services and Public Affairs
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2340
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, College of Agriculture
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Assistant to the Dean, College of Agriculture - Student Services and Public Affairs provides academic advising for selected student groups, coordinates dual credit classes, coordinates various public affairs and fundraising activities, and teaches an assigned course as needed.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Masters degree is required; a Master’s degree in an agricultural- or education–related field is preferred.
Experience: Three years of teaching experience at the high-school level is required.
Skills: The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Familiarity with Missouri State University agricultural programs and the agricultural industry is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides academic advisement services for freshmen and transfer students, honors students, Agricultural Communication majors, Pathways Program students, and clubs as needed.
2. Provides dual credit coordination by working with high school teachers on curriculum and tests and liaising with Missouri State University dual credit administration.
3. Coordinates the College of Agriculture’s public affairs activities, such as, FFA contests, leadership conferences, public speaking contests, the scholarship banquet, Ag Forum, alumni events, and student recruitment activities.
4. Teaches a course for Agricultural Education majors and provides student teaching supervision as needed.
5. Assists with fundraising activities for the Darr College of Agriculture.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the department head.
8. Supports the overall success of the College of Agriculture by performing all duties as assigned.
The Assistant to the Dean, College of Agriculture - Student Services and Public Affairs is supervised by the Head, Agriculture and supervises administrative support staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017