TITLE Business Incubator Program Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2337
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Business Incubator
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Associate Vice President for Economic Development
The Business Incubator Program Coordinator organizes the delivery of entrepreneur programs that advance the mission of The eFactory providing value-added services to start-up and small businesses in Southwest Missouri. The Business Incubator Program Coordinator supports and assists the Director, Business Incubator in facilitating the operation of The eFactory by coordinating services and providing business development assistance to clients, partners, and stakeholders.
MINIMUM ACCPETABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or a related field is required.
Experience: At least two years of experience owning a business, working for a business development organization, or working in marketing is required.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, knowledge of business management principles, and computer literacy are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: The scope of the position requires evening and occasional weekend work. Occasional overnight out-of-town travel is required. This position delivers presentations and training and must lift and transport media equipment and display materials weighing up to fifty pounds unassisted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Director, Business Incubator in facilitating entrepreneurship and small business development.
2. Assists in developing and coordinating the delivery of new and existing entrepreneur programs developed by The eFactory or in conjunction with partners, stakeholders, or affiliates.
3. Advances the operations of The eFactory by developing and maintaining effective marketing communications, with special emphasis on digital marketing.
4. Assists in developing and maintaining strong customer service relationships with new and existing clients, community and stakeholder groups, those inquiring about services, and partner organizations.
5. Informs small business owners, managers, and partner referral sources about educational resources and engagement opportunities available to them by marketing seminars, courses, and events.
6. Makes presentations to the community about the services and entrepreneur programs developed by The eFactory or others.
7. Promotes a positive image of the University through participation in community and professional organizations, represents the University at professional meetings and on community committees, and establishes and maintains credible relations with the campus and local communities, as well as professional organizations.
8. Assists in coordinating facility operations with University maintenance, custodial, and public safety staff.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed.
11. Contributes to the overall success of the Research and Economic Development division by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Business Incubator Program Coordinator is supervised by the Director, Business Incubator.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES