TITLE Coordinator of Marketing and Communications - International Programs
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2326
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Vice President for Community and Global Partnerships
The Coordinator of Marketing and Communications - International Programs manages communication and marketing responsibilities for MSU International Programs, including production of marketing and promotional materials, publications, social media initiatives, and website presence of all International Programs departments. The Coordinator of Marketing and Communications leads the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies for international student recruitment and admissions, international student support programs, and global engagement activities. The Coordinator of Marketing and Communications is responsible for planning and organizing communications initiatives and special events within International Programs and in collaboration with other university offices and the Springfield community.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field is required; a master’s degree in communications, marketing, technology, or related field is preferred.
Experience: At least two years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations is required. Experience in marketing, communications or public relations at a higher education institution is preferred. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Skills: Creativity to envision new market opportunities and effectively communicate with a variety of external organizations is required. Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience using web content management systems is required. Intermediate knowledge of basic HTML or CSS is preferred. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are required. Demonstrated experience in writing and editing marketing copy is required. Supervisory and strategic planning skills in communications field are preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: The position occasionally requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages communication and marketing of MSU International Programs, including production of marketing and promotional materials, publications, social media initiatives, and website presence of all International Programs departments, in coordination with designers, writers and department/program directors.
2. Assumes responsibility for website strategy and maintenance for all departments of International Programs by planning, organizing, evaluating, and developing recommendations for website design, security, upgrades, and technical issues.
3. Establishes procedures for International Programs on communications and website-related issues, ensuring compliance with university policies.
4. Ensures the accessibility of International Programs websites to all interested persons regardless of disability and ensures compliance with state and federal laws regarding accessibility.
5. Leads the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies for international student recruitment and admissions, including responsibility for database and CRM management, and production of recruitment/admissions brochures, materials, websites, and social media communications.
6. Coordinates communication with admitted international students and leads planning for arrival support and orientation for new international students.
7. Leads the planning of communications initiatives and special events within International Programs, the university at-large, and the Springfield community to support international student success and promote global engagement.
8. Supervises graduate assistants and student staff on the International Programs Marketing/Communications team, including responsibility for hiring, onboarding, project assignments, time approvals, and providing feedback and mentoring guidance to student employees.
9. Completes administrative functions for International Programs to include budgeting, purchasing, p-card recordkeeping, and equipment maintenance as needed.
10. Supports Missouri State University by representing International Programs on committees that address international recruitment, admissions, and global engagement.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses and other training as required by the Vice President for Community and Global Partnerships.
13. Contributes to the overall success of Missouri State University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Coordinator of Marketing and Communications - International Programs is supervised by the Vice President for Community and Global Partnerships, supervises full and part time employees, graduate assistants, and may also supervise student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MAY 2022