TITLE Coordinator, Informatics and Clinical Education - PAS
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2312
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Department Head, Physician Assistant Studies
The Coordinator, Informatics and Clinical Education-PAS assists with the placement of PA students into integrated clinical rotation/experiences within the full range of clinical settings, including family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, women’s health, surgery, emergency medicine, behavioral health, and medical subspecialties, both in-state and out-of-state. The Coordinator, Informatics and Clinical Education-PAS provides program support to clinical students, Clinical Preceptors, and with healthcare institution student placements coordinators The Coordinator, Informatics, and Clinical Education also supports the program with the credentialing process (i.e., healthcare institution affiliation agreements, verification of credentials for clinical preceptors), maintenance of clinical student databases including health records, liability insurance, ACLS/CPR, using the web-based software E*Value. The Coordinator of Informatics and Clinical Education is supervised by the Department Head, but works closely with the Director of Clinical Education, and the Department’s Administrative Assistant.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of general office experience or an equivalent combination of education and general office experience is required. Experience working with health programs in a higher education setting or other relevant experience is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated organizational and management skills are required. The ability to work autonomously is required. Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and have the ability to adapt to last minute student placement cancellations and changes to student clinical placement schedules. Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to work with graduate health professions students, faculty, clinicians, and administrators is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Computer literacy is required. The ability to learn and use Missouri State University operating systems and infrastructure is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Serves as liaison between the Director of Clinical Education and clinical sites in Missouri and out-of-state in maintaining and nurturing contacts with administrators of approved clinical sites to maintain appropriate placements for clinical rotations/experiences for PA students.
2. Serves as liaison between the Director of Clinical Education and administrators and clinicians at approved clinical sites by using E*Value software and other clinical education software, as needed, to secure, track, maintain, and disseminate up-to-date documentation related to student requirements (state and federal background checks, drug screenings, required immunizations, CPR & ACLS certification, TB testing, OSHA and HIPAA training) required for participation in clinical education activities.
3. Ensures timely submission of healthcare facility credentialing documents. This includes coordination with the healthcare facility or institution recruitments for a student to complete a clinical rotation/experience.
4. Assists the Director of Clinical Education with tracking of continuing medical education (CME) hours for PA trained clinical preceptors; regular and frequent review of emails submitted to the program from students, healthcare facilities and clinical preceptors; regular and timely communication with the clinical team especially the Director of Clinical Education to address clinical placement issues that arise (i.e., cancellations, last minute changes); and assists the Department Dead in updating the clinical preceptor & partnering healthcare institution data base.
5. Ensure that clinical preceptor documents are in place (i.e., practice profile, CV, licensure information, board certification). Ensure clinical preceptor and facility information/records (affiliation agreements) are kept up to date.
6. Assists with scheduling clinical PA students for supervised integrated clinical rotation/experiences.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Director of Clinical Education.
9. Contributes to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
The Coordinator of Informatics and Clinical Education – Physician Assistant Studies is supervised by the Department Head, Physician Assistant Studies.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCESNOVEMBER 2022