TITLE Digital Marketing Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2311
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Strategic Communication
The Digital Marketing Coordinator manages the planning, execution, and measurement of University digital marketing campaigns that drive student enrollment and advance the University’s strategic goals, visibility, and reputation. This position works with internal University partners, manages projects from inception to completion, and develops strategies that will help meet University marketing goals. The Digital Marketing Coordinator proactively suggests new strategies in the creation and implementation of content for various paid search and social media platforms. The person in this role provides back-up social media support for the University and is a member of the crisis communication team.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience: Two years of professional experience directly related to specified duties and responsibilities is required. Four years of professional experience is preferred. Experience developing and implementing comprehensive digital marketing campaigns is required. Experience placing Google and social media ads is required. Experience managing campaign budgets through digital advertising platforms is required. Experience in higher education is preferred. Experience with digital analytics platforms, such as Google Search Console and Google Analytics is preferred. Experience with Google Data Studio is preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills: Excellent organizational, time-management, presentation and project management skills are required. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, techniques, and applications relevant to the field of promotion and advertising is required. Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) factors is required. Strong grasp on developing, implementing, tracking, and optimizing for search engines marketing (SEM) campaigns is required. Strong grasp of audience targeting capabilities is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: The scope of the job requires occasional evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight or out-of-town travel is required. Extended periods working at a computer workstation are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Manages multiple simultaneous digital marketing campaigns.
3. Manages digital marketing budgets.
4. Uses analytics to monitor campaign effectiveness and optimize campaign performance and return on investment (ROI).
5. Collaborates with campus partners to develop digital marketing strategies to advance university strategic initiatives.
6. Develops university-wide marketing processes and practices.
7. Assists in the preparation of multi-platform, integrated communications plans that support short- and long-term university initiatives.
8. Provides training and coaching on digital marketing best practices to other university communicators.
9. Researches creative trends in the marketplace and applies that knowledge to university brand messaging.
10. Assures the production of material is consistent with established brand guidelines and university writing and design standards.
11. Provides back up social media accounts coverage on a rotating basis.
12. Serves on the crisis communication team to disseminate timely messages through digital platforms in the event of a campus emergency.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director of Strategic Communication.
15. Contributes to the overall success of the Division of Marketing and Communications by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is supervised by the Director of Strategic Communication and assists in supervising the marketing strategist and an office staff of graduate assistants and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED DECEMBER 2021