TITLE Testing Technician
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2160
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, Library Services
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Testing Technician administers and/or supervises all of the testing programs assigned as part of the operations of the Counseling and Testing Center.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: Experience in the administration of standardized testing preferred.
Skills: The ability to communicate clear and concise directions to an individual examinee or a group of up to 200 examinees is required. The ability to communicate to individual people on questions regarding tests administered by the Testing Center is required. Must obtain and maintain current CPR certification. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Required to lift and carry boxes of test booklets (twenty to thirty pounds) short distances. Materials can also be transported via utility dolly from building to building on campus.
Other: Frequent weekend work is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures appropriate administration of all institutional testing programs by following guidelines set by each program for security and administration of the test.
2. Provides coordination of the testing program by managing the administration of all national and individual tests for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
3. Provides for the appropriate administration of testing programs for the Missouri Department of Education by following guidelines established by the state.
4. Provides for the smooth operation of the Testing Center by maintaining comprehensive testing files.
5. Takes inventory of testing materials as needed and implements and enforces security of testing materials.
6. Manages funds from the testing services by maintaining monthly reports of test and the accounting of those funds.
7. Recruits and trains staff to assist with testing as needed and provides on-going supervision of testing staff.
8. Ensures the smooth operation of each test given by providing and coordinating room reservations, test proctors, room supervisors, and test supervisors.
9. Provides good working relations between the University and the various testing companies by serving as a liaison.
10. Coordinates and signs contracts for testing programs in consultation with the immediate supervisor.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Dean.
13. Provides for the continuity and operation of the Testing Center by performing other tasks as required by the Dean.
The Testing Technician provides supervision in the area of standardized testing for Testing Center, as well as for the independent contractor testing staff. The Testing Technician is supervised by the Dean, Library Services.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2017