TITLE Assistant Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1990
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities
The Assistant Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities assists in the daily operations management of JQH Arena, Hammons Student Center, and Plaster Stadium, and Betty and Bobby Allison Stadiums. Management responsibilities include supervision, training, hiring, scheduling, and payroll of part-time and student employees serving at the facilities in both daily and event positions, overseeing daily recreational and club team usage of the venues, and assisting in event coordination for athletic games and special events (i.e., concerts, conferences, etc) at the venues.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
Experience: One year full-time of experience or two years of half-time experience in public assembly facility management or operations is required. Customer service experience is required. Supervisory experience at a university public assembly venue is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills and strong organizational skills are required. Skill in using the Microsoft Office suite and reservation scheduling systems is required. Problem solving and the ability to manage unexpected situations is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: The scope of the job requires frequent evening and weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in ensuring that the athletic and entertainment facilities serve the University's recreational, intramural, academic, athletics, and special events needs by managing assigned events in a professional manner, interfacing with current and potential users of the facilities, coordinating sound and lighting support, scoreboard operations, HVAC, event staffing (i.e., ticket takers, ushers, custodians, uniform security, etc.) before, during, and following an event.
2. Provides continuity of management in the operation of the athletic and entertainment facilities by assuming the duties and responsibilities of the Associate Director in his/her absence.
3. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Senior Associate Athletics Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities.
4. Abides by and complies with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Missouri Valley Conference rules, academic standards, requirements, and policies of the University, and all guidelines and policies of the Athletics department and reports any concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines or policies to the Director of Athletics or the Senior Associate Athletics Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities.
5. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
6. Contributes to the overall success of the athletic and entertainment facilities operations by performing other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Director. Athletic and Entertainment Facilities is supervised by the Associate Director, Athletic and Entertainment Facilities and supervises graduate assistant, student, and part-time daily and event staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MAY 2021