TITLE Assistant Director of Campus Recreation-Marketing and Outreach
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1936
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Director of Campus Recreation
The Assistant Director, Campus Recreation – Marketing and Outreach is responsible for developing and executing the overall strategy for marketing, engagement, and communications efforts at Missouri State University Campus Recreation. They oversee the design, coordination, development, production, and distribution of print, video, digital, and online advertising, and promotional materials to support Campus Recreation’s programs, facilities, events, and services. In addition, they are responsible for effectively branding and communicating the Campus Recreation message to the Missouri State University community and other stakeholders; they recognize the importance and growing role of social media and digital engagement as the department works to communicate effectively to multiple audiences over many and to increase distribution channels. The Assistant Director, Campus Recreation – Marketing and Outreach is also thoroughly knowledgeable in the department’s, and by extension, the university’s, mission of providing an inclusive environment to its audience and actively ensures the engagement and communications products reflect its diverse audience. This position reports to the Associate Director of Campus recreation; provides oversight to the Marketing and Communications student staff who support the department’s engagement and communications efforts; and works closely with other departmental colleagues, the marketing and communications staff, as well as staff within the Division of Student Affairs and departments across the university.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required; a bachelor’s degree in a marketing/communications or related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Experience: At least one year of demonstrated ability to employ both the newest and established best practices in the rapidly developing field of marketing and outreach. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills: Effective organizational, management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency using Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, is required. The ability to learn and effectively utilize social media platforms is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creates and executes a comprehensive strategy to expand Campus Recreation’s social media and digital engagement presence.
2. Ensures all engagement, communications, and outreach activities are fully integrated, including social media, internal/external communications, and marketing and visual identity.
3. Defines key performance indicators and implement enterprise-level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success of digital and social engagement tactics. Reports high level takeaways to Associate Director and Director of Campus Recreation and interpret results to program leads.
4. Serves as the department representative at industry events, conferences, and outreach events.
5. Oversees student staff team, assigns projects as necessary, and actively provides growth opportunities that allow them to gradually increase their responsibilities and become knowledgeable about the industry while ensuring deliverables maintain professional-level quality.
6. Assists in creating marketing materials for departments/initiatives within the Division of Student Affairs.
7. Actively participates in university committees dedicated to student engagement/experience and creating unified communications for the Division of Student Affairs.
8. Plans, creates, and publishes content across social media platforms, working with Campus Recreation team members and other university teams to keep abreast of programs, events, stories, and university announcements.
9. Oversees daily management of Campus Recreation’s social media profiles, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
10. Plans, creates and publishes/installs physical and digital content through all communications tactics to notify members of upcoming facility operations changes.
11. Oversees and mentors student team, including but not limited to ensuring project assignment equity, establishing respectful office norms, and purposeful planning for skills workshops.
12. Maintains industry best practices for accessibility and ADA compliance, including but not limited to: adding alternative text/image descriptions to social media posts and website images, captioning video content, and ensuring all publicly accessible web pages, documents, and forms are ADA compliant.
13. Attends events and webinars dedicated to advancing DEI efforts to assist in furthering the department’s mission of providing an inclusive environment for members.
14. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
15. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required.
16. Supports the overall success of Campus Recreation by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Director, Campus Recreation – Marketing and Outreach is supervised by the Associate Director of Campus Recreation and supervises part-time and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES