TITLE Associate Director, Career Center - Employer Engagement
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1891
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Career Center
The Associate Director, Career Center – Employer Engagement manages employer outreach, plans employer visits for interviews, recruiting, information sessions, and class presentations, plans and executes events, such as Career Expo, Career Fairs, Mock Interview Days, Etiquette Dinners, Resume Madness, and Speed Networking Event, and manages employer relations activities in the Handshake database. The Associate Director, Career Center – Employer Engagement provides career advising to students in an assigned college.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in human resource management, student affairs, business, career counseling, or a related discipline is required.
Experience: At least three years of experience in cooperative education, career services, career counseling, or related student service areas at the college/university level is required.
Skills: Knowledge of employment recruiting and career services practices, career and employment issues, sales and marketing, communications, human resources, public relations, career development theory, career paths, and job search strategies is required. The ability to create, plan, implement, and manage career programs while working independently and as part of a team is required. Demonstrated ability in interpersonal relations and in creating and maintaining professional networks is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail is required. Organizational, management, and problem-solving skills are required. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituencies, including students, employers, alumni, and staff is required.
Effort: Some lifting of boxes and reaching for supplies on high shelves is required. Significant keyboarding work is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with employers to meet their recruiting needs by encouraging their participation in recruiting and interview events, facilitating the posting of their job vacancies, planning their campus visits, and recommending recruiting strategies.
2. Identifies and contacts employers and invites them to participate in career events, establishes connections with new recruiters, and maintains relationships with employers.
3. Plans and executes employer visits for interviews, table recruiting, information sessions, class presentations, etc.
4. Plans, coordinates, monitors, and implements career events such as Career Expo, the Education Career Fair, the Health Professions Career Fair, Mock Interview Days, Etiquette Dinners, Resume Madness events, Career Fair Workshops, and Speed Networking events.
5. Administers the employer relations function within the Career Center management platform and provides reports as requested.
6. Serves as a liaison to an assigned college, facilitating relationships with faculty, advising students and alumni regarding resume writing, interviewing skills, and job and internship searches, and providing career counselling.
7. Provides career and job search information in presentations to classes and student organizations.
8. Maintains and annually updates the Employer Guide, a marketing tool that provides information about Missouri State, Career Center services, enrollment information, and recruitment and career events planned for the academic year.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
11. Supports the overall success of the Career Center by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Associate Director, Career Center – Employer Engagement is supervised by the Director, Career Center and supervises full-time employees and a graduate assistant.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES