TITLE International Enrollment Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1831
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of International Services
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Associate Vice President of International Programs
The International Enrollment Manager is responsible for assisting with the development and administration of an effective international student admissions and enrollment program which includes processing international applications for admissions, evaluating transcripts from educational institutions outside the United States, maintaining and dispersing international enrollment data, and coordinating the international student communications plan.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree is required.
Experience: At least one year of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: project management, business development, enrollment management, or international admissions and student services at the college or university level. Experience working with Banner and managing student records in the International Student and Scholar Management (ISSM) database is required.
Skills: A working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required. Basic knowledge of U.S. immigration regulations and the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Assists with development and administration of an effective international student admission and enrollment program, which includes, but is not limited to oversight of international student application processing and workflow, evaluation of transcripts from educational institutions outside the United States, advisement of prospective students on admission requirements, and assistance in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive communications plan aimed at prospective, current and past international students.
2. Ensures effective and efficient processing of international student applications by monitoring and executing application processing and gauging the achievement of office goals for response time and overall international student enrollment.
3. Upholds the university’s international student admission policy by reviewing the academic credentials of applicants, advising students not qualified for admission regarding alternatives, and recommending policy and procedure university departments and senior administrators when appropriate.
4. Ensures effective follow-up with admitted international students through a comprehensive communications plan, facilitates the processing and distribution of admission documents, coordinates with other offices (e.g., Admissions, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services, Magers Health and Wellness Center and Financial Services) in the dissemination of information to admitted students and conducts research regarding the needs and perceptions of admitted international students.
5. Assures the efficiency of international admission system users in conjunction with university-wide admissions process and strategy, and coordinates informational updates and training with other administrative offices that are stakeholders in international admission efforts.
6. Facilitates the academic and personal success of international students by assisting them in effectively utilizing the resources of the university and serving as a liaison between the Office of International Services and other university offices that provide services to international students, such as Academic Advisement, the Graduate College, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services, University Safety, Financial Services and all academic departments.
7. Provides and analyzes information for management purposes by regularly producing reports utilizing student databases and effectively using query tools.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences and participating in training as directed by the Director of International Services.
10. Contributes to the overall success of the office by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned in support of the International Services team.
The International Enrollment Manager is supervised by the Director of International Services and may supervise student staff and graduate assistants.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED NOVEMBER 2016