TITLE Coordinator, Missouri Teacher Development System
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1799
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Agency for Teaching, Leading and Learning
The Coordinator, Missouri Teacher Development System provides oversight and consistent leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Missouri Teacher Development System (MTDS) in accordance with Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) state plans and initiatives. The Coordinator, MTDS develops new and modified approaches to teacher learning based on research and evidence-based practices. The Coordinator, MTDS engages relationships to promote the expansion of the MTDS within the state. The Coordinator, MTDS conducts research and evaluation activities related to MTDS, provides expertise around teacher development, and prepares written reports to communicate findings and make recommendations to stakeholders.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in the field of Education from an accredited four-year college of university is required. A doctorate in Educational Leadership is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of successful teaching or public school administrative experience is required. At least five years of experience facilitating adult learning is required. A minimum of two years of experience leading complex projects and/or initiatives is required. Experience with Articulate 360 is preferred.
Skills: A deep understanding of the concepts and skills of teaching, theories of adult learning, and research-based methods of effective professional development is required. Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills such as strategic planning, analytical thinking, setting deadlines, and evaluating progress are required. The ability to understand the context of a program and how it affects program planning, implementation, outcomes, and evaluation is required. The ability to independently organize work while working on numerous projects is required. The ability to complete assignments in a timely, complete, and accurate manner is required. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are required to review trends, information, and outcomes, deduce reasons for the results, and consider alternative possibilities for creating more efficient strategies and resources. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required in order to provide clear and concise written and verbal reports that outline findings and highlight the reasoning behind suggested changes. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve conflict are required. A demonstrated ability to motivate and lead multiple teams to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events is required. The ability to facilitate group discussions and decision-making processes is required. Computer literacy, particularly related to web-based communication tools, website development, e-learning programs, and cloud computing is required. The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads in designing and authoring of the MTDS framework, theories, and program content.
2. Develops, implements, evaluates, and revises strategic plans that establish project scope and determines long-term, mid-term, and short-term goals for the MTDS.
3. Makes effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
4. Builds and facilitates multiple teams of MTDS designers, facilitators, and evaluators.
5. Provides direction for teams through visioning processes, establishing goals, setting timelines, and providing information and resources.
6. Leads DESE-sponsored meetings, conferences, workshops, and other activities as needed.
7. Sets an example as an instructional leader and professional educator while conducting meetings, presenting workshops, teaching classes, or performing other duties related to improving education for Missouri teachers and Missouri school children.
8. Designs and implements data collection and program evaluation tools for MTDS programs and/or assists and/or collaborates with external researchers and evaluators as necessary and when needed.
9. Consults appropriate stakeholders as needed to recommend changes based on data collection and/or to facilitate the ongoing process of program design, implementation, evaluation, and revision.
10. Conducts routine analysis on program processes and outcome data.
11. Compares designed and actual program outcomes and prepares written reports and presentations related to the evaluation process and findings.
12. Creates and adjusts schedules and targets on the project as needed.
13.Delegates project tasks to teams best positioned to complete them.
14. Forges and maintains relationships of trust with stakeholders and organizational partners.
15. Acts as the public representative of the MTDS in ways that strengthen its public profile and acts as a consultant, when called upon, to provede training, support, and expertise around the MTDS.
16. Provides training and/or facilitation of MTDS frameworks and/or programming for teachers and others as needed.
17. Develops and maintains system communication modalities (cloud computing storage, websites, etc.
18. Facilitates induction of new teacher development specialist team members.
20. Provides presentations at conferences, meetings, etc. as warranted and deemed appropriate.
21. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
22. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, develops professional contacts with colleagues, attends professional development courses and attends training and/or classes as directed by the supervisor.
The Coordinator, MTDS is supervised by the Director, Agency for Teaching, Leading and Learning.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES