TITLE Director, Athletics Development
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1775
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Senior Director of Athletics Development
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Vice President of University Advancement
The Director of Athletics Development oversees the day-to-day operations of The Bears Fund and assists in the development and implementation of plans to increase the revenues generated by the intercollegiate athletics program through fundraising, donations, ticket sales, and underwriting of specific events and/or sports seasons. The Director of Athletics Development assists with events related to the promotion of athletics and the development and implementation of fundraising activities for intercollegiate athletics.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related area.
Experience: At least one year of experience in a responsible position in sales, promotions, public relations, communications or a related field is required. Experience in any of these fields at the college/university level is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and using databases, is preferred.
Effort: This position involved in assisting with events and marketing and occasionally moves and/or transports media equipment and boxes of promotional materials or event equipment.
Other: The scope of the job frequently requires travel and evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, events, seminars and workshops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations of The Bears Fund including annual giving, management of benefits, annual seat assessments, ticket allocations for season tickets as well as other games, administration of the priority points system, and supervision of special events.
2. Develops, plans, and implements all cultivation and solicitation activities pertaining to The Bears Fund.
3. Assists in generating revenue through the sale of season tickets with annual seat assessments for men’s and women’s basketball and football.
4. Increases the revenues generated from private sources by assisting with fundraising activities from The Bears Fund, Missouri State University Athletic Endowments, the Bears Varsity club, and other private sources.
5. Abides by and complies with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Missouri Valley Conference rules, academic standards, requirements, policies of the University, and all guidelines and policies of the Athletics department and reports any concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines, or policies to the Director of Athletics or the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance.
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Senior Director of Athletics Development.
8. Contributes to the overall success of University Advancement by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Director of Athletics Development is supervised by the Senior Director of Athletics Development and supervises student workers.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JUNE 2017